Reveal Your Beauty. Smooth and Tighter Skin...
Dr. Jayesh Panchal now offers FDA-approved Smartlipo™, the breakthrough laser technology for smoother, tighter skin.
Am I a Good Candidate for Smartlipo™?
- Are you looking for a less-invasive liposuction alternative?
- Do you have sagging skin on your neck?
- Are you exercising regularly, but can’t achieve a toned look in a certain area?
- Have you had traditional liposuction that resulted in rippled or uneven skin?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a good candidate for Smartlipo. Call 405-340-9949 for a full consultation with Dr. Panchal at Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa.
What Is Smartlipo?
Smartlipo is a minimally invasive, laser-assisted procedure that tightens loose skin and smooths uneven skin. It can be performed under local anesthesia in Dr. Panchal’s Edmond office with minimal downtime and bruising.
Smartlipo Laser Body Contouring: Incision-Free Shaping
Smartlipo is a non-invasive way to shape your curves and it requires no needles, no incisions, and a shorter recovery time.
Body contouring using laser treatment targets stubborn areas of fat and emulsifies the fat cells under the skin. Your fat cells will naturally collapse and your body will eliminate the unwanted fatty lipids. Because this process works in tandem with the natural functions of your body, you will experience much less pain and less downtime afterward.
Laser body contouring is safe, quick, and has proven results.
Smartlipo is specifically advantageous for patients who have had bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery). It can decrease chafing from excess skin and further enhance your figure by contouring your body shape.
Genesis Plastic Surgery uses 3D Crisalix OCULUS virtual technology to help you decide if Smartlipo is right for you. Using virtual reality glasses, you will be able to “see” how Smartlipo will change your overall appearance before making your decision.
How Smartlipo Works
The Smartlipo laser-assisted lipolysis system is a highly effective solution for eliminating fat cells:
- Local anesthesia solution (like you have at the dentist) is injected where the liposuction will be performed
- A 1/16 inch wide 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser fiber is introduced through a small cannula, delivering energy directly to subcutaneous fat cells, causing them to break. The laser energy also coagulates tissue, and produces skin tightening.
- The laser causes small blood vessels to coagulate immediately, resulting in less bleeding, swelling and bruising than conventional liposuction, for faster healing and recovery.
- Given the cannula's small size and gentleness of the procedure, Smartlipo is a minimally invasive treatment that only requires local anesthesia, enhancing your safety and reducing the likelihood of side effects.
- A confluent red diode laser lets the surgeon know where the fiber is producing the lipolysis, thereby providing a powerful visual guide during treatment.
- Typically only one short treatment session is needed, enabling you to maximize the results.
How Is Smartlipo Different from Traditional Lipo?
Traditional liposuction is effective in removing a large volume of fat but it relies upon the body to allow the loose skin to tighten. Smartlipo, on the other hand, allows the skin to tighten due to the presence of the laser.
Traditional liposuction breaks the fat cells but, in doing so, also causes the surrounding blood vessels to break also, leading to more bruising. Smartlipo coagulates the small blood vessels so that the bruising is minimal. This reduces the downtime from the procedure allowing you to go to work in two to three days.
Where Can Smartlipo Be Used on the Body?
Smartlipo is typically used to remove small areas of localized fat collections. It is very effective for the following areas:
- Jowl areas
- Under the neck
- Inside of the arms
- Inside of the thighs
- Outside of thighs
- Tummy especially above the pubic area (pooch)
- Love handles
SmartLipo and Mini Face Lift/Mini Neck Lift combination
Combination of SmartLipo and a Naturale in-office facelift gives you the best combination to achieve a youthful face and neck.
- Performed under local anesthesia in our office
- SmartLipo allows laser to remove fat under your neck
- Naturale in-office facelift restores the deeper tissues to give you a more youthful contour of the neck
- Significantly reduced bruising and swelling
- Supports your active lifestyle
- Results last much longer than fillers or SmartLipo when used alone
Limitations of Smartlipo
It cannot be used to perform large area/large volume liposuction, especially in obese individuals. Traditional or power-assisted liposuction is typically more effective in these areas.