After nine months of pregnancy, giving birth to your child is a moment you’ll remember for the rest of your life. While the experience of parenthood can bring immeasurable joy, the effects of pregnancy and childbirth can change your body in many significant and often unwanted ways.
If you love your children but not your post-baby body, Dr. Jayesh Panchal can help you address the common cosmetic concerns shared by countless mothers after childbirth.
To learn more about how Dr. Panchal can help you regain your pre-baby shape or achieve the body contours you’ve always dreamed of, please call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa today at 405-340-9949 to schedule a consultation. We have offices in offices in Edmond, Norman and Lawton, Oklahoma.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a comprehensive combination of plastic surgery procedures designed to improve the shape and appearance of the breasts, abdomen and waistline. A mommy makeover is all about you, restoring your body to more closely resemble your pre-pregnancy appearance.
Like our patients, every mommy makeover is unique, and customized to meet every mom’s personal goals. Mommy makeovers can:
- Save money and recovery time by combining procedures
- Reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Improve your self-confidence
Common Procedures in a Mommy Makeover
During your personal consultation with Dr. Panchal, you will discuss your concerns and aesthetic goals. Depending on your desires and physical characteristics, Dr. Panchal may recommend any of the procedures listed below.
While any of these procedures may be performed alone, there are benefits to combining multiple surgical procedures in a single visit. By undergoing various procedures in one visit, you can limit your overall recovery time and certain surgical costs.
Typically, mommy makeovers can involve:
- Breast Augmentation: Most women experience a moderate to significant volume loss in their breasts following pregnancy and nursing. Breast augmentation is designed to restore lost volume to your breasts. This incredibly popular procedure involves a variety of breast implant and incision options to help you achieve the results you desire, whether you want to restore your pre-baby shape or enlarge the size of your breasts.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): Although many women focus on the size of their breasts, the position and profile of your breasts can also have a dramatic impact on your overall appearance. A breast lift can help remove excess skin and tighten up the surrounding tissue to produce a “perkier”, more youthful look.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): Your skin is naturally very elastic. However, it can only take so much stretching before the effects become permanent. Pregnancy often leaves women with excess skin and residual fat around the midsection. A tummy tuck removes excess tissue to create a smoother, trimmer, flatter waistline.
- Liposuction: Following pregnancy, many women are left with excess fat deposits around the midsection, thighs and back. Liposuction is a body-sculpting surgical procedure that removes localized pockets of fat from various targeted parts of your body.
In some cases, patients choose to include non-invasive procedures, such as ThermiVa vaginal tightening treatments to enhance their surgical results. Your mommy makeover will be tailored specifically for you to achieve all of your unique goals.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Although plastic surgery is very safe, surgical procedures can put a strain on you, both physically and mentally. Because mommy makeovers involve multiple surgical procedures at once, it’s crucial to ensure you are a good candidate before proceeding with any surgery.
Generally speaking, ideal mommy makeover candidates are women who:
- Are in good health
- Are at or near their target weight
- Are no longer breastfeeding
- Are done having children
- Don’t smoke
There is no perfect age for mommy makeovers. The best time for your procedure depends on when you are physically ready and prepared to make an investment in your appearance and self-confidence. Although the desire to have more children in the future doesn’t necessarily negate your candidacy, a future pregnancy will have a detrimental effect on your results.
After Your Mommy Makeover Surgery
After your surgery, Dr. Panchal will administer Exparel, a long-acting local anesthetic in your incisions. This medication will provide pain relief for up to three days following your surgery. Dr. Panchal will also prescribe medication to control further discomfort during your recovery period.
For breast procedures, your dressings will be removed shortly after your surgery and you will be given a surgical bra. You may experience discomfort around your nipples for a couple of weeks, but this sensation will eventually subside. Swelling may take three to five weeks to disappear.
Getting Back to Normal
Depending on the number of procedures performed, your downtime could last anywhere from two to three weeks. It is essential that you keep someone near you at all times for at least two to three days after your surgery to help you with basic daily activities.
You will need to wear a compression garment for six weeks after your surgery.
At three weeks, when the swelling is all but gone, you will see yourself in the mirror – the well-contoured tummy, the dramatic change in the contour of your love handles and lower back. You will simply love it!
Sustaining Your New Image
Your results after mommy makeover surgery can be highly satisfying as you learn to love your new self. You should continue to have follow-up visits with Dr. Panchal after your surgery. You should also conduct monthly breast self-exams and schedule regular diagnostic breast screenings.
To ensure that you enjoy your new body for years to come, it’s important to continue to exercise and eat a lifelong balanced diet.
How Is Dr. Panchal Different from Other Surgeons?
It is critical to choose the right number of procedures based on your overall age and fitness. Dr. Panchal will let you know, honestly, if you are exceeding the safe limits – your safety is our utmost concern at Genesis.
It is also important to choose the right procedure. Dr. Panchal will spend time with you to set goals and plan the surgery so that you can get the outcome you expect. Listening to the patient is very important, and Dr. Panchal will set aside all the time needed for you, until all your questions are answered.
Schedule Your Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
If you are ready to reclaim your pre-baby figure and self-confidence, please contact Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa today online or at 405-340-9949 to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Panchal. With offices in Edmond, Norman and Lawton, we proudly help mothers from across Oklahoma.