Plastic Surgeon & Medical Spa Serving Norman, Edmond, Oklahoma City & Nearby Central Oklahoma
Rapid weight loss through bariatric surgery is extremely effective. However, due to the speed at which bulk is shed following weight loss surgery, it is common for excessive amounts of loose and sagging skin to be left behind. This can leave a deflated, lumpy, and unappealing physique. It can also interfere with clothing options, and limit your range of motion. This rapid weight loss can also prove next to impossible to address through standard methods like diet and exercise.
If you have undergone bariatric surgery or another form of rapid weight loss but are now left with a frame obscured by sagging skin, Dr. Jayesh Panchal can help. Call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa in Edmond at 405-340-9949 or in Norman at 405-310-6767 to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn more.
What Is Post-bariatric Body Contouring?
Body contouring, also known as body sculpting, is a surgical procedure that helps contour the body after excess and rapid weight loss. This procedure helps reshape your body and addresses numerous different issues that may come after this procedure such as:
- Get rid of extra loose and saggy skin folds
- Get rid of any extra fat
- Contour the body and areas that were operated on
Body contouring is meant to reshape and adjust the body after a weight loss procedure, and not meant for weight loss. Body contouring can help reduce or eliminate the effects that come with weight loss procedures such as the issues listed above.
Advantages of Body Contouring
Body contouring has a few specific benefits and advantages that can help you look great after a weight loss procedure. Body contouring can help further define and sculpt your body after weight loss, enhancing your look even more and putting in the final touches for your body change journey. This can help with smoother looking and feeling skin, as well as give you a younger, more aesthetic profile and physique.
Post Bariatric Body Contouring
One of the surest ways to permanently address the loose skin and stubborn fat deposits remaining after bariatric surgery is cosmetic body contouring. Depending on your specific needs, this may include:
- SmartLipo. Dr. Panchal offers SmartLipo along with other liposuction techniques to eliminate fat deposits that have failed to respond to bariatric surgery, diet, and exercise. Fat removed through liposuction cannot come back.
- Tummy Tuck Surgery. Abdominoplasty is used to remove loose and sagging skin from the hips, waist, and belly. It can also be used to address diastasis recti, the separation of abdominal muscles that is a common consequence of yo-yo dieting and excessive weight gain.
- Thigh Lift. Addressing the area between the knees and the groin, a thigh lift can be used to eliminate excess skin and lumpy fat from the upper legs.
- Buttocks Sculpting. Dr. Panchal uses fat harvested from your own body for the Brazilian Butt Lift, an effective and long-lasting way to sculpt, tone, and enhance the derriere.
- Arm Lift. Targeting the excess fat and loose and floppy skin the can develop around the upper arm muscles, arm lift tones and defines the area around the biceps and triceps for a more uniform and appealing look.
- Breast Reduction. Dr. Panchal offers both male breast reduction and female breast reduction to remove unwanted breast tissue and produce a look that is complementary to the entire frame. For women, breast reduction can improve comfort, range of motion, and clothing options. For men, breast reduction can restore a sculpted and masculine appearance to the chest.
Similar to a mommy makeover, post-bariatric surgery body contouring is accomplished through a combination of procedures. The unique anatomy and specific desires of each patient, require body contouring following weight loss be entirely customized.
Post-bariatric Body Contouring After Care
After most body contouring procedures, you’ll be able to go home on the same day. If you’ve had an intensive surgical procedure, you will need someone to drive you home. Dr. Panchal will give you post-op care instructions that can help you recover and ensure that the procedure is a success.
Some tips for body contouring after care includes staying out of the sun to avoid skin irritation, avoiding any strenuous and intensive exercises or activities, and replacing your bandages and cleaning the sites properly. More care information will be provided after your procedure is finished and you are ready to go home.
Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa Has You Covered!
Board-certified, effective, and trusted, Dr. Panchal takes time to listen carefully to patient desires. During your initial consultation, he can evaluate your areas of concern, provide honest information about all of your treatment options, and work with you to decide which procedures will best meet your individual needs.
Contact Us Today!
Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa welcomes patients living in and around Oklahoma City at our offices in Edmond and Norman. Dr. Panchal and our team of healthcare professionals are dedicated to helping you reach your beauty and aesthetic goals. We strive to make sure you get the best results possible while feeling safe, comfortable, and happy in our office. We believe that you deserve to look the way you feel, and we are passionate about helping you achieve that look.