Dermal fillers are used to add volume to areas of the body that have lost fullness due to aging and lifestyle choices. Typically used on the face, some of the dermal fillers offered at our OKC area offices can also be used to treat aged and wrinkly skin on the neck, chest, and even the back of hands.
Nonsurgical and minimally invasive, dermal fillers offer a quick, safe, and effective solution for hollow or sunken skin and may produce results that last for several months or even years.
If you are interested in learning what dermal fillers can do for you, please call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Med Spa at 405-340-9949 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Jayesh Panchal today. We maintain offices in Edmond, Norman, and Lawton to better serve men and women living throughout the Oklahoma City area.
Our Dermal Filler Options
Fillers available at our med spa include:
- Vollure: this hyaluronic acid filler can last up to 18 months and is used to eliminate laugh lines and smooth the corners of the mouth, nasolabial folds, and marionette areas around the lips. It is a uniquely balanced gel with a high patient satisfaction rate. Results from Vollure can be reversed if they do not meet your standards
- Juvederm: this hyaluronic acid filler may produce results for up to 18 months and is often used for lip enhancement. It can also be used to fill in the area below the eyes, to eliminate laugh lines, and to shape and sculpt the nose. Like other hyaluronic acid fillers, Juvederm can be reversed
- Voluma: a hyaluronic acid filler with Vycross technology, Voluma can last approximately two years. This product is ideal for immediate and sustained enhancement of the cheeks
- Radiesse: this filler uses calcium hydroxyapatite to add volume to the area around your mouth, laugh lines, cheeks, chin, and jawline. Radiesse can produce results for 12 months or more
- Sculptra: poly-L-lactic acid is the active ingredient in Sculptra, a filler that may last for two to three years and is very effective at adding volume to the cheeks, jawline, and temples. Results from Sculptra are not immediate, rather the product gradually enhances cheeks and temples over six to nine months to produce a natural looking lift
- Bellafill: made of bovine collagen and PMMA particles, clinical studies have shown that Bellafill can last as long as five years. The bovine collagen disappears with time but the PMMA particles persist, allowing your own body to create new collagen around them for a natural-looking outcome year after year
The fillers offered at Genesis Plastic Surgery & Med Spa have active ingredients that occur naturally in the human body, though some, like Sculptra and Bellafill, use biocompatible animal or artificial substances and may require a skin test to help protect against allergic reactions. During your initial consultation with Dr. Panchal, all of your options can be reviewed to help you choose the best dermal filler for your needs.
Little to No Down Time
Most dermal fillers come with little to no downtime. You may experience some redness, swelling, bruising, or discomfort in the days immediately following treatment, but these things tend to self-correct. During your initial consultation and following your treatment we will provide you with information about home care to help reduce any discomfort.
At Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, we use a microcannula with a blunt tip to deliver injections and reduce risks for pain and bruising. Numbing of the treatment area is offered as well for patients who desire it or for those who may benefit from it.
Some discomfort may be present following dermal filler injections, but most people are able to resume all normal activities within hours. Unlike surgical procedures, there will be no limitations on physical activities, though we do recommend you give yourself time to rest before undergoing more strenuous endeavors. This can be discussed in greater detail during your time in our care.
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in learning more about dermal fillers, please call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa at 405-340-9949 to schedule a consultation at our Edmon office. Consultations can be scheduled at our Lawton office by calling 580-353-8200 or in Norman by calling 405-310-6767. Dr. Panchal is a board-certified plastic surgeon offering advanced cosmetic services to men and women living in and around Oklahoma City. Please contact us today to learn more about dermal fillers or any of our other services.