Rapid weight loss through bariatric surgery is extremely effective. However, due to the speed at which bulk is shed following weight loss surgery, it is common for excessive amounts of loose and sagging skin to be left behind. This can leave a deflated, lumpy, and unappealing physique, interfere with clothing options, and limit your range of motion. It can also prove next to impossible to address through standard methods like diet and exercise.
If you have undergone bariatric surgery or another form of rapid weight loss but are now left with a frame obscured by sagging skin, Dr. Jayesh Panchal can help. Call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa in Edmond at 405-340-9949 or in Norman at 405-310-6767 to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn more.
Post Bariatric Body Contouring
One of the surest ways to permanently address the loose skin and stubborn fat deposits remaining after bariatric surgery is cosmetic body contouring. Depending on your specific needs, this may include:
- SmartLipo. Dr. Panchal offers SmartLipo along with other liposuction techniques to eliminate fat deposits that have failed to respond to bariatric surgery, diet, and exercise. Fat removed through liposuction cannot come back.
- Tummy Tuck Surgery. Abdominoplasty is used to remove loose and sagging skin from the hips, waist, and belly. It can also be used to address diastasis recti, the separation of abdominal muscles that is a common consequence of yo-yo dieting and excessive weight gain.
- Thigh Lift. Addressing the area between the knees and the groin, a thigh lift can be used to eliminate excess skin and lumpy fat from the upper legs.
- Buttocks Sculpting. Dr. Panchal uses fat harvested from your own body for the Brazilian Butt Lift, an effective and long-lasting way to sculpt, tone, and enhance the derriere.
- Arm Lift. Targeting the excess fat and loose and floppy skin the can develop around the upper arm muscles, arm lift tones and defines the area around the biceps and triceps for a more uniform and appealing look.
- Breast Reduction. Dr. Panchal offers both male breast reduction and female breast reduction to remove unwanted breast tissue and produce a look that is complementary to the entire frame. For women, breast reduction can improve comfort, range of motion, and clothing options. For men, breast reduction can restore a sculpted and masculine appearance to the chest.
Similar to a mommy makeover, post-bariatric surgery body contouring is accomplished through a combination of procedures. The unique anatomy and specific desires of each patient, require body contouring following weight loss be entirely customized.
Board-certified, effective, and trusted, Dr. Panchal takes time to listen carefully to patient desires. During your initial consultation, he can evaluate your areas of concern, provide honest information about all of your treatment options, and work with you to decide which procedures will best meet your individual needs.
Read what our patients are saying!
"I have been a patient of Dr. Panchal for almost 15 years. He and his staff are the best at everything they do. They have communicated clearly with me my choices for aging gracefully and with dignity and answered my questions thoroughly regarding any procedures we discussed that might be appropriate. Their compassionate care and professional expertise have always been the ultimate . I highly recommend that anyone considering the services they offer choose Genesis Clinic for the best care and expertise."
Contact Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa Today
Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa welcomes patients living in and around Oklahoma City at our offices in Edmond and Norman. To schedule a post-bariatric body contouring consultation at our office in Edmond, please call 405-340-9949. For an appointment at our Norman office, please call 405-310-6767.