Many people undergo bariatric surgery to help them lose weight. At the same time, there is growing evidence that many chronic illnesses including diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea are reduced significantly in those who undergo these procedures.
After bariatric surgery, however, patients are left with loose and sagging skin around the tummy, breasts, arms, thighs, and buttocks. Unfortunately, diet and exercise typically fail to make any significant dent in these things, leaving many people stuck with loose and sagging skin along with stubborn fat deposits that continue to diminish surgical results.
What are the Benefits of a Body Lift?
Body lift surgery after weight loss surgery can help shape your post-bariatric procedure body and optimize your results. With this comprehensive plastic surgery procedure, several lift techniques are combined to address loose skin and excess fat from ankle to neck, helping improve contours, remove unnecessary skin, and produce a trim and toned physique.
If you are interested in learning more about post-weight-loss body contouring, please call Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa at 405-340-9949 to schedule a consultation today. Dr. Panchal serves men and women living throughout Oklahoma with offices in Edmond, Norman, and Lawton.
What Is a Body Lift?
There’s no one “standard” body lift surgery for everyone. As with most surgeries, choosing the right body contouring procedures depends on your individual needs. Some people only require one procedure, while others may need a combination of surgeries.
Some common combinations of procedures Dr. Panchal offers are:
- Tummy tuck + outer thigh lift
- Tummy tuck + inner thigh lift
- Tummy tuck + breast lift with silicone implants
- Tummy tuck + male breast reduction
- Belt lipectomy (tummy tuck + buttock lift)
- Breast lift + arm lift
We advise our patients against any combinations of procedures that would take more than six hours to complete. Longer surgeries increase the risk of surgery-related complications.
See the latest body contouring posts on our blog
Check out before-and-after photos of body contouring surgery after weight loss.
Good Body Lift Candidates
You may be the ideal body lift candidate if you have lost significant weight but are still dealing with the consequences of weight gain, such as excess skin and stubborn fat deposits. In addition, the best candidates for this procedure are:
- In good health - body lift is a major surgery and requires peak physical health
- Prepared for a recovery period - recovery from body lift may take several weeks depending on the areas treated
- Willing to follow all of Dr. Panchal’s pre and postoperative advice - from quitting smoking at least six weeks in advance to giving up certain medications, supplements, and herbs, there may be steps that you must take to guard against risks. Closely following Dr. Panchal’s instructions is the best way to minimize the risk for complications.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Panchal will listen to your concerns, assess those areas of your body you are unhappy with, review your medical information, and help you determine if body lift surgery is right for you.
Reshape your body through one or more of our body lift surgeries and let us help you achieve your perfect look. Learn more by calling Genesis Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa at 405-340-9949 to schedule your initial appointment. Dr. Panchal serves patients in and around Edmond, Lawton, Norman and throughout the Oklahoma City area.