Laser Hair Removal for Men in OKC and Edmond
Excess facial or body hair can be a nagging cosmetic concern for men. Depilatories, shaving, waxing and electrolysis can offer a temporary solution, but can be uncomfortable and time-consuming.
Genesis has a revolutionary solution for controlling and eliminating unwanted hair: laser hair removal for men. This long-lasting, convenient and gentle solution can lessen unwanted hair in men in areas such as:
- Arms or underarms
- Male bikini area
The treatment is so effective that in 2015, laser hair removal was one of the top five most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedures for men.
About laser hair removal for men
The following information should help answer some common questions you may have about laser hair removal. If you still have questions or concerns, please contact us.
Are you a good candidate for laser hair removal for men?
- Patients with light skin and dark hair are ideal candidates for laser hair removal. As a rule, the pigment in dark hair absorbs more laser energy, making black or brown hair easiest to treat.
- Light-haired patients with blonde, red or gray hair, will not be as ideal a candidate. Lighter hair contains a pigment that absorbs laser energy less readily and therefore does not respond as well to laser hair removal.
- While laser treatment for darker-skinned patients have improved the amount and texture of unwanted hair in those patients, patients with tanned skin are not ideal candidates. It is recommended they wait until their tan fades before proceeding with laser hair removal.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal uses a low-energy laser to gently remove unwanted hair. The laser energy passes through the skin and is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle. In a fraction of a second, the energy is transformed into heat and the follicle destroyed.
Full-face, , and underarm treatments could take as little as 15-30 minutes. Laser hair removal of the back or the chest amy take longer.
Several treatments may be required to destroy hair follicles in different growth cycles. Since no procedure can guarantee permanent hair removal, most patients can expect a major reduction in hair growth, leaving the remaining hair thinner and lighter in color.
Advantages of laser hair removal
- A safe, effective alternative to daily shaving
- Can be useful for large or tough-to-reach areas
- Good for men with sensitive skin
How many laser treatments will you need?
The number of laser hair removal treatments required for optimal long-term benefits will usually depend on a number of factors, including:
- The area being treated
- The density of the hair
- The patient’s hair growth cycle
Multiple factors could play a part in a patient’s hair distribution, thickness, or resilience, including:
Total hair removal in men usually requires six to eight 15-30 minute sessions to achieve optimal results.