Dr. Jayesh Panchal
Expertise and experience are what patients expect in a plastic surgeon. The following demonstrates Dr. Panchal to be more than capable to handle your medical needs.
Dr. Jayesh Panchal has been a plastic surgeon since 1997 and has been in private practice in Edmond since 2005. He was previously on the faculty and the Chief of Plastic Surgery at the University of Oklahoma Health Science Center from 2003-2005. He has years of training and certification, has received national and international acclaim and is a pioneer in the field.
Just as important are the qualities that go beyond those found on a résumé: discretion, gentleness, trustworthiness, personality, friendliness and listening skills.
Dr. Panchal is passionate about helping people gain their self-confidence and their self image, so they can live life in a normal, happier way. A portion of his practice involves small children and correcting birth defects or complications from rare diseases. The compassion he demonstrated to the little ones and to the parents transcends into his adult practice now.
This is the foundation of his practice, and he brings with that years of experience.
Dr. Panchal's professional expertise:
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at University of Oklahoma, 2003-2005
- More than 19 years as a Plastic surgeon
- Certified by the Board of Plastic Surgery in England in 1995, with a specialized fellowship at St. Louis Children's Hospital. His emphasis was on cleft lip, cleft palate and craniofacial surgery.
- He has a master's degree in business administration from Price Business School at OU.
- Board Certified Physician Executive by the American College of Physician Executives
- Oklahoma’s Channel 5 Extreme Makeover Surgeon 2004-2006.
- Presented research nationally and internationally.
- Author of numerous articles in peer reviewed journals and textbooks
- Pioneered new techniques in the management of plastic surgery and of sleep apnea in infants with a small jaw and received national acclaim.
- Received the prestigious Junior Research Essay Competition sponsored by the Plastic Surgery Education Foundation in USA.
- Co-directed the Cleft and Craniofacial Team at Children's Hospital of Oklahoma 1997-2005
- Reconstructed the lower jaw of a newborn, the first in the state to do so.
- Visits underprivileged countries annually to perform surgery on adults and children with Operation Smile
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and of the prestigious American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Served on Board of Trustees at Heritage Hall School and Chariman of Marketing Committee
- Past Member of City of Edmond Bicycle Committee aiming to design urban trails for cyclists
- Member of the Rotary Club in Edmond
- Past board member of Fine Arts Institue of Edmond